Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Peace is possible in our lives and in the world, but only if we are willing to work for that peace. Here is how you can begin the process:
Step 1: Make a commitment to peace.
Peace is a choice. It is not an accident. You must decide that you want piece. This is not a choice you make once, but something you must choose again and again in each moment. Make a commitment right now to the cause of peace in your life and peace in the world.
Step 2: Create an accountability structure.
Making commitments are easy things to do in words, but hard to follow through on. Create ways to remind and re-remind yourself that you need to be taking action for peace.
Step 3: Work for inward peace.
- Put inspirational quotes on your bathroom mirror.
- Hang something from your rear view mirror that reminds you to be a peacemaker.
- Tell a friend you are making this commitment and give them permission to check up on to see if you are following through on your commitment.
- Sign up for our newsletter. We aren't selling anything. Instead you will receive a gentile reminder in the form of quotes and stories of how we can create peace.
The only place we can truly make change is in our own hearts. Set aside five minutes a day, a week, a month, or just right now to create peace in your heart. You can
What is important is that you take time and space to create peace in yourself. If there is not peace in your self, you will not find peace in the world. If you don't know how to begin, check out Two easy ways to create peace in yourself.
- Say a prayer
- Fast for peace
- Or any other practice that work for you
Step 4: Become a peacemaker in your daily life.
Make simple choices in everything you do towards peace. Simply:
Small actions make big changes in our heart and in the world.
- Hold to door for someone
- Let someone cut in front of you in the parking lot
- Buy flowers for someone for no reason at all
- Give a family member the benefit of the doubt
- Call someone and tell him or her you love them, just because you do
Peace is what we were made for. It is time we created it!